Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fix It if It's Broken


(I forgot to take a pic of this project before I put the fabric on the first drawer, so I apologize for that.)

This set of drawers which used to house all kinds of fun crafting supplies has been sitting in storage for about 5 years.  At the time it went in, I taped all the drawers shut with some fabulous packing tape.  When my new abode required more drawers in the bathroom, I thought it was time to pull this guy out of storage.  The tape, however, did not agree and had permanently affixed itself.  Being the crafting-genius that I am, I didn't just reach for the Goo Gone, but instead chose Goo Gone Extreme.  Hint: Goo Gone Extreme eats plastic.  Not a good idea.  So--what was I to do?


I found this fun fabric at a place in Holland called Found on 8th St.  The store owner carries lots of cool vintage and vintage-style furniture and accessories.  She used to own Roxie's Vintage Clothing in Holland, which I am sad to say is no longer in business.  I used spray adhesive and that has seemed to hold it in place.  I sprayed the plastic "drawer-holder-thingie" with Krylon for plastics.  It took me no time at all and I like the results.  If I get uber-motivated, I might pull the fabric off the bottom 2 drawers and go with a solid color, or mix it up.  It's a little busy for my taste, but an easy project all the same.


RAZOR CAMI UPDATE:
I am pluggin' away at that Razor Cami (see post below).  It's essentially finished, but I'm working out the seam edging and the straps.  I hope to have it completed by the weekend if I'd just stop doing all of these other projects--like moving my mom into a new home after 35 years in the same place, I might accomplish that goal.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment