(I forgot to take a pic of this project before I put the fabric on the first drawer, so I apologize for that.)
This set of drawers which used to house all kinds of fun crafting supplies has been sitting in storage for about 5 years. At the time it went in, I taped all the drawers shut with some fabulous packing tape. When my new abode required more drawers in the bathroom, I thought it was time to pull this guy out of storage. The tape, however, did not agree and had permanently affixed itself. Being the crafting-genius that I am, I didn't just reach for the Goo Gone, but instead chose Goo Gone Extreme. Hint: Goo Gone Extreme eats plastic. Not a good idea. So--what was I to do?
I found this fun fabric at a place in Holland called Found on 8th St. The store owner carries lots of cool vintage and vintage-style furniture and accessories. She used to own Roxie's Vintage Clothing in Holland, which I am sad to say is no longer in business. I used spray adhesive and that has seemed to hold it in place. I sprayed the plastic "drawer-holder-thingie" with Krylon for plastics. It took me no time at all and I like the results. If I get uber-motivated, I might pull the fabric off the bottom 2 drawers and go with a solid color, or mix it up. It's a little busy for my taste, but an easy project all the same.
RAZOR CAMI UPDATE:
I am pluggin' away at that Razor Cami (see post below). It's essentially finished, but I'm working out the seam edging and the straps. I hope to have it completed by the weekend if I'd just stop doing all of these other projects--like moving my mom into a new home after 35 years in the same place, I might accomplish that goal. Whew!