Monday, August 16, 2010

Arielle Continued . . .

I keep pluggin' away at Arielle and finally finished the back.  I really hope I can finish by September so I can play along with my Ravelry friends.  


I didn't get much knitting done this past week because I had another fun "vacation-at-home" with my mom & niece Carolyn.  My future sister-in-law Megan also joined us for the weekend.  I loved having all of them here and can't get enough creative inspiration from each of them.  We had a true Michigan-fun time.  We picked blueberries, played at the beach, visited lighthouses, skyped with the cousins, had a picnic, and a beach fire with s'mores.  Elli, the most amazing German Shepherd ever, learned how to body surf, too.  Speaking of Elli, she seems to love Caro's stuff.  The last trip it was Barbie (8 of them) and this time her little pink purse.  We worked as a team to fix it.  I bought the yarn Caro picked, my mom used the french knitter to make a new handle, and Megan sewed it on the purse.  Teamwork!



Bummed that summer is almost over, but have loved every minute of this one.




1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so jealous of the fun you all had. And now I know why Care Bear's purse has a brand new handle. Oh, and she announced yet again that Auntie Wendy is her favorite. But Auntie Megan is awfully great, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete