Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thrifty Finds







I've been on the hunt for a dresser for awhile.  I just couldn't find anything new or used until I stumbled upon this "junky dresser."  The size, the lines, and definitely the price were perfect ($39.99).  It took several trips to get it done because I kept running out of paint, but finally, it's in place and I love it.  I used Light Blue/Violet Liquitex mixed with a little Brilliant Yellow Green and Titanium White.  I found the pulls at Hobby Lobby.  I bought 2 different styles to see which one I liked best and settled with the smaller green pulls.


The mirror was an antique store find in Illinois.  I liked it just the way it was, but with white walls, I knew it would look terrible on the wall.  I painted it with Titanium White Liquitex and then mixed the Brilliant Yellow Green with a little more white and brushed it lightly over the detail.  I love the effect, though it's a little tough to see in the picture.  I smile every time I see my fabulous finds.  The vase and wild daisies also came from Hobby Lobby--love that place!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I adore the colors and the flowers are a delightful touch! Quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative Wendy!!! Awesome! Want to help decorate our house once we buy one? :)

    ReplyDelete